[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Using non-standard fonts in the XUL Staff Client

Brent Mills brent at hoodriverlibrary.org
Wed Feb 1 18:58:41 EST 2017

Hello all,

Has anyone tried using something like Google Web Fonts in their Evergreen installation? We’ve had pretty good luck so far, but using the “Print Page” button on the XUL client (Record Display, Search Results Listing) makes for some pretty "interesting" results. Namely, the first page won’t load any instances of the font and the subsequent page will “more or less” load or display garbled text.

I’m assuming this is because it’s not waiting for the fonts to load before rendering the page or something like that. Maybe due to print.js or print_win.js? Printing from the OPAC works fine.

This could just be what I get for trying a non-standard font (loaded in through a <link rel=stylesheet”> tag in /openils/var/templates_custom/opac/parts/base.tt2).

Thanks for any help!

-Brent

Brent Mills
Systems Librarian | Sage Library System