[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Finding records in Evergreen that have no items attached?

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Jan 18 09:29:51 EST 2017

Thank you!  This is very helpful.

Jennifer

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Elisabeth Keppler
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:57 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Finding records in Evergreen that have no items attached?

At Forsyth, we run an empty bib record report using the following aggregate filter:

[Inline image 1]
It does assume that you don't keep empty volumes if there are no items attached.  Do beware of bib records that have 856-tags, though, as well as serials (if you use them).  Just because there isn't an item on a bib record doesn't necessarily mean it's dead.  We actually run a second report of empties that have 856-tag entries so that we can use the VLOOKUP function in Excel to pull them out of the first report.  Here's what the base filters look like for that second report:

[Inline image 2]
The reason we include record creation date in the base filters is that we don't want to accidentally discard brand new bib recs that have been imported but not used yet.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Lise