[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web client hacking days

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Jan 18 11:30:39 EST 2017

Hi all,

We didn't get a huge response to our web client hacking day poll, but it
looks like Fridays work well for the people who responded. I decided to
set the two Fridays preceding 2.12 feature slush as web client hacking
days. If you only can participate in one, that's fine, but I think the
two days will help us focus on resolving web client issues before the
2.12 release.

The Web client hacking days, then, will be held on Friday January 27 and
Friday, February 5. Community members can participate by working on web
client bug fixes, otherwise improving the web client, testing fixes that
have pullrequest tags or working on documentation for the web client.

I also would like to highlight a few web client bugs that I think are
important to address to make pilot use of the web client in libraries as
smooth as possible.

- I've already indicated that I consider the 'renew and edit due date
features do not calculate correctly in web staff client' bug to be a
must-fix item for the 2.12 release. Related to that bug is
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1657466. The form for editing
due dates from the patron's Items Out screen will not submit.

- Hatch 2.12 omnibus - https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1646166
- we discussed this bug in the last dev meeting. Although we can pilot
the web client in production without hatch, we think it's important that
hatch is ready to test in production too. Bill Erickson has been working
on the code for this feature and is looking for people to put their eyes
on the code and the behavior.

- Item Status List View Missing Column Options -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1528924 and Item Status
(Detail View) missing actions. The Item Status interface is highly used
by both circ and cataloging staff. Getting everything into this
interface will improve the experience for those who opt to test the
client in production.

I will be highlighting other important web client bugs as we get closer
to release time. If there are any you think should be highlighted,
please let me know.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier