[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Archiving the old Evergreen Facebook group

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Thu Jul 6 10:00:13 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I was reminded that we still have an old Facebook group for Evergreen,
but which is not actively maintained by the web team.  We have a
pinned post in the group pointing people at our (slightly) more active
Facebook page which is where current posts happen:
https://www.facebook.com/EvergreenILS

What I'd like to recommend is that we archive and hide the old
Facebook group to prevent users from stumbling across it unaware they
are looking at the wrong place since this is no longer actively used
by our community.  More details about Facebook group archiving:
https://www.facebook.com/help/549803405224220

Unless there's a huge outcry to keep things the way they are, I'd like
to proceed with archiving the old group sometime tomorrow Friday July
7, 2017.

Thanks,

-- Ben

--