[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OAI-PMH in Evergreen?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Mar 2 09:39:18 EST 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Linda Jansova <skolkova at chello.cz> wrote:
> Does anybody have any experience with making Evergreen full bibliographic
> data (in MARCXML) available via OAI-PMH protocol
> (https://www.openarchives.org/pmh/)? And if so, which steps have you taken
> to make the data available? I suppose GetRecord would be relatively easy to
> implement but how about the other OAI-PMH verbs?

I don't know of anybody doing it at present. I agree that implementing
GetRecord would be straightforward, and Evergreen's unAPI
implementation already supports the MARXML to OAI-DC stylesheet, e.g.:

https://demo.evergreencatalog.com/opac/extras/unapi?id=tag:demo.evergreencatalog.com,2017:biblio-record_entry/67&format=oai_dc

There was also some discussion of this in the #evergreen IRC channel
in 2015 and 2013:

http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2015-10-27#i_210893
http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2013-07-25#i_17412

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager