[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] FAST/searchFAST Subject Headings (Cataloging Type Question)

Boyer, Jason A JBoyer at library.IN.gov
Fri Mar 17 11:09:59 EDT 2017

I do like Kathy's method a lot and will be exploring that here, but this will only remove the FAST subjects in your case:

In your source tree, edit Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/parts/record/subjects.tt2 and search for "BLOCK render_subject" then, a couple of lines down you'll see

FOR node IN ctx.marc_xml.findnodes(xpath);

This is where the function loops over all of the extracted subjects. Immediately below this line add the following:

NEXT IF node.findnodes('./*[@code="2" and (text()="fast")]');

To only ignore OCLC FAST subjects.

Jason

--