[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Disabling SSL in Evergreen ILS

Jayaraj JR jayaraj at iisertvm.ac.in
Thu Mar 30 04:16:18 EDT 2017

Hello,

Greetings of the day !

SSL or https is a better option as far as security is concerned. But the
heightened security level may not be necessary at many times especially
while using Evergreen in Intranet. Besides the browser often warns the user
that entering to my account in evergreen catalog is dangerous if purchased
SSL is not implemented. This may often create confusion for childern and
beginning users who are not well versed with computers. They are very often
advised to add security exception for accessing the library catalog.

It would appreciable, if any option or configuration is available to
disable the SSL and to use the full library catalog via http.
Kindly advice the configuration to use my account in Evergreen catalog via
http itself and not https

--
Thanks in Advance,

Jayaraj J R