[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Disabling SSL in Evergreen ILS

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Thu Mar 30 10:19:12 EDT 2017

StartSSL shouldn’t be used any more.  They were banned from Chrome and Firefox early this year because of reasons including the fact that they were silently purchased by a Chinese company, and because they were issuing back dated certificates to get around the SHA-1 phase out.  They also allowed users to get certificates for main domains if they could certify that they had control of subdomains.

https://arstechnica.com/security/2016/09/firefox-ready-to-block-certificate-authority-that-threatened-web-security/

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director