[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Credit Card - Stripe Vs Paypal & PCI

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Tue May 9 16:48:51 EDT 2017

Hello, we are currently using payflow pro, which I think means that our evergreen server handles the CC data and puts it in PCI scope.  From what I'm reading, if we switched over to using Stripe, which uses a javascript library client side to submit the payment, then it would take our server out of scope.  Does the Paypal code work the same way?

It looks like the tpac supports Stripe, but the web based self check does not.  How about the staff client/web staff client payment interface.  Does that support Stripe?

Along the same lines, is there a way to disable the staff client credit card interface.  We don't want staff handling credit cards with that interface, since they have to type in the code and info, which I believe isn't PCI compliant, but I haven't found a setting to disable that but allow tpac payments.

Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110