[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 2.12.1 on Ubuntu Xenial with Postgres 9.5/9.4

Ben Shum ben at evergreener.net
Thu May 11 14:54:11 EDT 2017

Hi Garry,

Hmm, sounds like you've got a minor mystery there.  That sort of
library error sounds like a bad path or missing library to me.

Some background questions if I might start with:

Can you confirm which Linux distribution you are using?  The title of
your email says Ubuntu Xenial, but to confirm you're using the 64-bit
server edition for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial?

I build with the stock Makefile.install dependencies which includes
client stuff for PostgreSQL 9.5 by default for xenial, so there
shouldn't be a need to downgrade that to 9.4 despite what the README
suggests as the minimum.

I might also confirm that you are going through the OpenSRF 2.5.0
installation first, having a confirmed working OpenSRF install, and
then proceeding with the Evergreen installation (running pre-reqs
there, etc. too).  Some steps look similar between Evergreen and
OpenSRF and people think they already did it and skip, but they are
two separate install procedures and steps repeat occasionally.

Will ponder further on the subject.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum