[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] seving multiple patrons at once

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Nov 8 13:05:47 EST 2017

Hi Diane,

Yes, you could retrieve each patron in a different browser tab and flip
between the classes.  I think there are a couple of ways you could do
this fairly efficiently so you don't have to search teachers or scan
teacher barcodes during each visit.

- Add a bookmarks folder on your toolbar, and then add a direct link to
each teacher account in that folder. When you go to the school, use the
Open All option on the bookmarks folder to open each teacher in a new
tab. This option is available in Chrome. I imagine Firefox has a similar
option. Many thanks to Rogan Hamby for coming up with this idea!

- Add each of the teachers to a user bucket. Pull up the user bucket
when you visit the school. Ctrl-click each barcode to open each patron
in a separate tab.

A nice wishlist item that we might want to add to LP is a retrieve-all
option in the user bucket so that you can retrieve all of those patrons
in fewer clicks.

I hope this helps!
Kathy

--