[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Upgrading from 2.10 to 2.11 error questions

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Wed Nov 15 11:54:48 EST 2017

Jesse,

You can skip the update to the 901 unless you plan to use the new
subfield right away.

Upgrades are never as simple as one would like, particularly on a system
where patches have been applied before they're released, etc.

I highly recommend having another machine where you run PostgreSQL with
a copy of your production data so that you can test the upgrade scripts
before doing it for real.

I also recommend becoming familiar with the build/tools/make_release
script. It's used by release managers and build masters to make the
release tarballs. However, with the correct options, it can be used to
generate a custom DB upgrade script from any version of Evergreen to any
other. I use it as a first step for our upgrades at C/W MARS.

HTH,
Jason