[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2018

Rogan Hamby rhamby at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Nov 23 18:55:12 EST 2017

I’m pleased to announce that the selection committee for the 2018
Hack-A-Way have made their choice.  We had several competing offers to host
the event in 2018 from wonderful community members.  Having just wrapped up
spending two years in Indiana, hosted by Evergreen Indiana, I can say that
the bar has been set pretty high for future events.  This year Kathy
Lussier from MassLNC, Dan Wells from Calvin College and Jason Boyer from
Evergreen Indiana, all past hosts, acted as our selection committee.

And the choice was …. we’re going back to Atlanta!  The host is Equinox
Open Library Initiative.  Equinox is now the second institution to be a two
time host and was the host of the original Hack-A-Way in 2012.  In a way it
seems fitting.  Back in 2012 we had the first discussions of what became
the web based staff client and we are returning as we approach the next
wave of challenges.

I would like to thank everyone who submitted proposals, who acted on the
selection committee and otherwise do so much to make this happen for the
community.  More communication will be forthcoming in the next week as a
follow up survey to the 2017 Hack-A-Way comes out both to look back at the
past Hack-A-Way and to start planning it for 2018.

Rogan Hamby

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative

phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)