[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Catalog holds status display - Hold queue and potential copies

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Nov 29 10:26:55 EST 2017

Hi Diane,

No, proximity in Evergreen is different than geographic proximity. It is
the proximity each org unit has to each other in the Evergreen
hierarchy. As an example, a branch that's in the same system as your
library will have closer proximity than a branch in another library
system. As a result, the branches in your system will fill holds before
they look for one in another system.

There are ways in Evergreen to adjust proximity for holds if you need
the holds to fill a little differently. There is a longer explanation of
how proximity works and how it can be adjusted for holds at
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/3.0/_org_unit_proximity_adjustments.html

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier