[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Auto-print check-out receipts in Webby?

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Oct 13 09:19:59 EDT 2017

Hi Diane,

I recall having a  discussion about this back during early testing of
the web client, but I can't find my notes that might give any insights
on this issue.

However, in looking at the documentation for the new email checkout
receipts -
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.12/_circulating_items.html#_email_checkout_receipts
- I think the answer is that, when done working with a patron, clicking
the 'Done' button will perform whichever receipt action should be the
default for the patron standing in front of you. For those who have
opted into email receipts, clicking Done will send that email. For
everyone else, a receipt will automatically print.

There is also the arrow that allows circ desk staff to select another
receipt option if something other than the default should be used.

For what it's worth, I always found the previous auto-print option very
confusing. The 'Done' button always printed a receipt, regardless of the
state of that checkbox, and the checkbox only controlled whether those
receipts printed silently (without a dialog) or not.

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator