[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about a small library without a catalog to migrate

Schooff, Rose (LVA) Rose.Schooff at lva.virginia.gov
Wed Sep 13 13:50:17 EDT 2017

Up until now we have only dealt with libraries that had established catalogs.  I now have a very small library that only has a card catalog and their books are not barcoded.

Where do I start?  I know the new librarian has started with weeding and that is always my first suggested step.

Do we barcode the books first or as they are added to the Virginia Evergreen Libraries catalog?

I would think they would register patrons as they borrow books.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

—
Rose M. Schooff
Technology Consultant