[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about a small library without a catalog to migrate

Deborah Luchenbill deborah at mobiusconsortium.org
Wed Sep 13 14:45:03 EDT 2017

We had two libraries that came into Missouri Evergreen un-automated and
without a usable shelf list.  (A usable shelf list could be sent off to
Backstage or somewhere to be turned into MARC...but they still would have
to touch every item to put a barcode on it.)  In both instances, we set up
their org unit and made it invisible and unavailable for filling holds from
other libraries.  They took each item, barcoded it, and cataloged
it/attached it to existing records.  We also got everything set up for
settings/policies/etc.  When they were all finished with the cataloging, we
flipped them to visible and holdable.  They registered patrons and gave
them cards as the patrons came in.

Best,
Debbie

Debbie Luchenbill