[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] MARC Batch Edit questions

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:34:25 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to improve my understanding of the MARC Batch Edit tool,
and also get some more details into the official documentation.  I'd
appreciate any help you can provide.

In Add mode:
* Do the MARC Tag and Subfield fields need to be filled out if the
MARC Data field is filled out?
* What happens if the subfields listed in the Subfield field don't
match the subfields listed in the MARC Data field?
* Is there a way to add subfields to existing fields, or can you only
add new fields?

In Replace mode:
* Is there a way to capture a group of characters from a regular
expression and then use it in the MARC Data field?  Or any other way
to replace values based on what values are already there in one fell
swoop?

Thanks,

   -Jane

--