[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials Prediction - Quarterly

Daniel Wells dbwells at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:25:24 EDT 2017

Hello Irene,

This issue is an inherent weakness in the MFHD specifications, as the "x"
restart only affects the top-level numbering, in this case volume (as you
discovered).

There is in Evergreen a (not well known) workaround, though, which is to
specify "4" issues, then list winter first.  (This is an Evergreen-custom
interpretation of such a setup, but at least a sensible one.)  So, using
your pattern as the basis, something like:

year)","j","(season)","w","4","y","ps24,21,22,23"]

Please give that a try and see how it goes.

Also, you can manually edit predicted issues not at the item level, but
rather at the "issuance" level.  If you do this, it is best to change both
the human-readable label and the underlying MFHD code.  It is also best to
avoid this where possible, as it can have negative effects on summary
display logic.

Sincerely,
Dan