[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Another Serials Prediction Question

Patrick, Irene irene.patrick at ncdcr.gov
Fri Sep 22 16:39:11 EDT 2017

Dan,

You’re a genius!  This pattern is also working.  Thank you so much!

(Sorry for the delayed reply.  I’ve been tied up in other work most of the day today.)

It had not occurred to me that I could leave out the Calendar Change.  When I think back to our years on Dynix—20 years ago and more, when I was first learning about all of this—as I recall the Calendar Change in Dynix was literally that—it controlled when the calendar dates on the piece rolled over.  It never occurred to me that Evergreen would know to change the year if there was no $x in the pattern.

Thank you again for your help!  And hopefully I will get the hang of setting up patterns that require close adherence to the MARC standard.

[NC_State_Seal PMS 2955]Irene Patrick
Library & Information Management Systems Librarian
N.C. Government & Heritage Library
State Library of North Carolina
N.C. Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
(919) 807-7413
irene.patrick at ncdcr.gov<mailto:irene.patrick at ncdcr.gov>

109 E. Jones Street  |  4640 Mail Service Center  |  Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ncghl>  Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ncpedia>  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/statelibrarync>