[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Dealing with Holds

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu Sep 28 14:29:23 EDT 2017

Hello Dana,

We have a Holds White Paper (
https://pines.georgialibraries.org/holds-white-paper) that explains how we
manage our holds across a large consortium (we have around 285 branches
now, soon to be around 300 branches). It is working well for us. It would
not be financially or logistically feasible for us to have a first in-first
out model for filling holds as the items would spend more time going back
and forth, and our courier expenses would skyrocket.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150