[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] metabib.browse_entry unused cleanup?

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:51:38 EDT 2018

Hi Josh,

I don't have a yearly checklist.  I'll check the browse entries if it seems
like it's been a while or if I just did a full re-ingest.  It's low
priority.

Most of the cleanup these days is nightly, and it's the usual suspects,
circ/holds aging, auditor data, and action trigger data are the biggies.
Incidentally, the initial copy auditor and action/trigger cleanup resulted
in deleting about 1/3 of the database (by disk usage).

I still want to implement a form of bib record deletion that removes most
of the ingested data.  (I could say goodbye to 44M unused rows in
metabib.real_full_rec, for example).  That will require discussion, though,
since not everyone will want to get rid of everything (e.g. you may want to
report on deleted dibs).  This has come up in IRC a few times as well.  LP
pending.

-b