[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.0.2-3.0.3 Upgrade DB script takes over a week to finish

Jesse McCarty jessem at burlingtonwa.gov
Wed Apr 4 14:46:20 EDT 2018

Thank you Kathy,

Those changes seemed to work great. What seemed to never end completed in about a minute, and I was able to start up Evergreen and search/renew and otherwise interact with the test system as expected (in my limited IT testing role not being a library staff member that fully utilizes the system). Is this to be expected to complete that fast or should I be wondering if something didn't go as needed? I'll have a staff member able to test more in depth next week when she returns from vacation. The only thing I didn't let complete from the various update scripts (that started at 2.10.3) was the UPDATE biblio.record_entry SET id = id WHERE source IS NOT NULL; line that was updating the 901 fields (none of our libraries use these apparently) and the consensus from the list here was that if the field isn't used there was no issue not completing this particular field update (one that took more than overnight to run).

Thanks again for all the information and help, looks like our upgrade time is very manageable now with this fix.

Jesse McCarty
City of Burlington
Information Systems Technician