[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Call for Release Manager nominations - Evergreen 3.2

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:28:42 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'd like to toss my hat in the ring as the Evergreen 3.2 release manager.
I have served as release manager in the past for Evergreen 2.8.  It's been
a little while and the process has evolved, but I look forward to the
challenge.

Evergreen 3.0 and 3.1 marked the transition period from the XUL client to
the browser client.  For 3.2, we'll be saying farewell to the XUL client
[1].  As release manager, my primary goal will be to define the process for
retiring the XUL client and helping to see that process through.  That
will, of course, include confirming that the browser client is fully up to
the task of replacing the XUL client.

Another goal of mine is to solidify a plan for upgrading our version of
AnguarJS to Angular.  This project will span multiple release cycles.  For
3.2, I hope to reach consensus on the upgrade strategy, define a project
time line, and maybe make headway on some of the code changes.

And finally, I would like to do another Feedback Fest this summer.  This is
where everyone, core committers in particular, are asked to review
outstanding pull requests and help nudge them along in a variety of ways.
I found last year's fests [2][3] to be a great way to score a lot of small
victories -- and they add up.

As far as scheduling goes, I would follow examples from releases past, with
a September release, preceded by the various slushes, freezes, betas, and
release candidates.

I'm happy to answer questions.

Thanks,

-b