[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Z39.50 Source

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Sun Apr 29 14:30:06 EDT 2018

Hi,

During the weekend,  I have set up a new Z39.50 source  in our catalog. The
source  is  provided by the Czech library portal Knihovny.cz
<https://www.knihovny.cz/Search/Home>
As the Z39.50 source is free (no credentials needed) and contains records
from various European libraries outside the Czech Republic, I wonder if it
could be useful for other Evergreen libraries too.

Following library catalogs are included into the Z39.50 source:

   - University of Oxford (UK)
   - Bibsys (Norway)
   - University of Basel (Switzerland)
   - Slovak National Library (Slovakia)
   - Network of Libraries and Information Centers in Switzerland
   - Norwegian national bibliography (Norway)
   - GBV Common Library Network of the German States Bremen, Hamburg,
   Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Schleswig-Holstein,
   Thüringen and the Foundation of Prussian Cultural Heritage (Germany)
   - Library of Congress (USA)

If you are interesting, you can find the necessary settings for Evergreen
bellow.

Eva

*Z39.50 Source setting *

Z39.50 Source: cpk_zahr
Label: Knihovny.cz
Host: www.knihovny.cz
Port: 9000
DB: cpk_zahr
Record format: marc21
Transmission format: usmarc

*Supported z39.50 Attributes:*

Name

Code

Format

Truncation

title

4

6

1

isbn

7

6

1

issn

1007

1

1

pubdate

31

1

1

author

1003

6

1

publisher

1018

6

1

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410
Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2

Bez
virů. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>