[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Towards more consistent terminology in the web client

Walz, Jennifer jlwalz at asbury.edu
Wed Aug 8 12:07:06 EDT 2018

All –

  I would prefer the ITEM and ITEM LOCATION designators – and consistency across all functions / buttons / screens / views etc would be very welcome.

As Dan and Lynn point out below, there have been VAST inconsistencies and also problems with function.    If we stick with item (which implies copy, call number, and barcode), that keeps it very simple.     Copies has the implication of multiple copies of a title of a book, whereas we mean more than that in most systems because we will have different kinds of physical things attached to one MARC record.    Using the term ‘items’ keeps it most generic.

  Thanks!

Jennifer