[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about label names in Print Item Labels interface

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Fri Aug 17 07:47:37 EDT 2018

+1 for spine and pocket, and yes we do use both.

For archival books we do not attach any labels to a volume. Instead we put
the pocket label and the barcode label on an acid free slip that is placed
inside the volume.

Also, we let student workers at our circulation desk apply the labels to
our books, not backroom workers. The spine/pocket labels are placed in the
appropriate volume on a cart of "new books" that is wheeled out to the
circ-desk. The title printed on the pocket label is used to insure that the
right label is attached to the right item.

Happy Friday everyone!

Don

--
Don Butterworth