[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.2 Release schedule extension (was: feature freeze and more)

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:18:47 EDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 7:39 PM Dan Wells <dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:

> Bill, I think this sounds fine, but would make two possible suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback, Dan.

> 1) I think we should get some kind of release built before bug-squashing
> week, to be usable for anyone wanting that sort of testing path during the
> following week.  That could easily happen late on the 7th, or we could
> XUL/Angular merge on the 6th and have the 7th to build.  Whether this is
> branded as an alpha or a beta1 doesn't matter too much, though if it is
> "feature complete", beta1 seems more correct.

Good point.  XUL merging will happen later, but again that should be a
relatively small change at the code level, so I'm fine calling the Sept 7
build Beta 1.

> 2) It is reasonable to expect this might lead to a need for a beta2, but
> my preference would be to make that call a little later on, as needed.  It
> is easy to add more delays, but assuming we'll need them all now means
> we'll never get the time back :)

Schedule update v3:

Feature freeze Sept 4th.
Angular merge by Sept 6th.
Beta 1 Sept 7th.
Bug Squashing Sept 10-14
XUL vote (and subsequent patching if approved) Sept 17th.
Remaining milestones TBD.

-b