[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Slowness and Search failures

Beth Longwell blongwel at eou.edu
Wed Dec 19 16:42:59 EST 2018

Evergreen libraries,

We recently upgraded to 3.1.7 from 2.11. Before the upgrade we were
experiencing slowness and failed searches even for known items in the
catalog. We thought with the upgrade that this would go away but it has
not. So far, most of the slowness seems to be on keyword searches but we
are having the libraries track when the problem occurs and the search
details so we will have more information.

Have any of you experienced something similar?  Any ideas on what we can do?

There are 74 libraries in our consortium, many of them small. We have two
application servers and have not seen any indications of load problems.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Beth Ross
Systems Manager
Sage Library System