[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds in the public catalog

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Wed Jan 10 16:34:38 EST 2018

Jennifer,

My reading of the templates indicates that setting
ctx.holds_block.enabled to true will make the place hold link disappear,
everywhere, even when there are available copies.

It will basically remove the ability of patrons to place holds. (Quite
possibly staff, too.)

I may have missed something, but that is what I see.

There is some logic there to only show the button if "available" copies
show up, but the OPAC's definition of available and yours may disagree.
The OPAC can't evaluate the hold matrix for instance.

HtH,
Jason