[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 856 subfield u

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jul 10 09:08:07 EDT 2018

Hi Valerie,

In the last link you shared, I noticed that the subfield 9 contains the
value Lummi, instead of LUMMI, which is what was used in the original
record you shared. I think Lummi may need to be added in all caps for the
catalog to show the link. The link will only display if the search library
either matches the org unit in the subfield 9 or is a child of that org
unit. Without entering the Lummi in all caps, the system probably isn't
able to identify which org unit is listed there.

For the first record you sent, the link is displaying as expected since
it's pulling the label from the subfield 3 and is pulling the URL from the
subfield u. Were you hoping that it would display the text of the link?
That may be doable with a tweak to the template code, but I haven't taken a
look at it to see what would need to be done. I can't remember how the 856
fields displayed back in 2.1 and don't know what changes may have been made
since then.

I hope this helps!
Kathy

--