[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Monograph Parts in Consortiums

Sylvia Orner sorner at albright.org
Fri Jun 1 10:58:39 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

We've recently had a couple of libraries in our consortium (SPARK) move towards using monograph parts for things like manga.

We are now noticing that when patrons go to place a hold on a record with monograph parts, they can chose from all parts that exist within the consortium, not just those with holdings at their library or library system.  I understand that the parts are shared at the consortium level, but is there any way to hide parts that are not associated with any holdings at the scoped library or library system?

If it's not possible, I would be interested in hearing how other consortiums deal with monograph parts.

Thanks so much!

Sylvia Orner
Head of Technical Services
Scranton Public Library