[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Upcoming development projects from MassLNC

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Mar 2 15:08:15 EST 2018

Hi all,

MassLNC is considering a handful of development projects to fund over
the coming months. The
projects are listed below.

I'm sharing these projects with the community to see if anyone has
feedback on general concept behind the projects or the proposed
implementations. Also, if anyone is already working on one of these
projects, or a similar one, please let me know so that we don't
duplicate efforts. I also have a specific question on the first listed
project.

  * Improvements for Hopeless Holds - http://masslnc.org/node/3388 -
    this project would provide a new interface for managing hopeless
    holds. In the current description, we identify hopeless holds as
    ones that do not have copies in the hold_copy_map. However, we do
    have at least one site that has holdable statuses that they would
    want to show up as hopeless holds. Our current requirements don't
    cover this use case, but I wanted to throw the idea out there in
    case anyone had ideas of a way to incorporate those with little
    additional development.
  * Update hold information when patron contact information is updated -
    http://masslnc.org/node/3388 - this project would prompt staff and
    the public to update holds contact information when phone and SMS
    numbers are updated in their record and in their hold preferences.
  * Test notification method - http://masslnc.org/node/3377 - an easy
    way for staff or patrons to test the e-mail or SMS number on their
    account.
  * Support for inventory date - http://masslnc.org/node/3379 - the
    addition of some inventory-related fields to the copy could help
    libraries performing inventory. It could be added to a copy at
    checkin through the use of a checkin modifier or from the item
    status page.
  * Improvements to Deletion of Serials Items -
    http://masslnc.org/node/3383 - When deleting these items, linked
    copies will be removed and summary statements will be updated.
  * Improvements to Spine Label printing - http://masslnc.org/node/3386
    - specifically, support for sheet label printing.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments on these
projects!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier