[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Oversight Board Elections

Jackson, Robert RJackson at library.IN.gov
Wed Mar 21 14:50:10 EDT 2018

Having worked with 3 of the nominees directly I will second that Ruth!

-----------------------------
Robert J. Jackson
Systems Administrator Int.
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov<http://library.in.gov/>
315 W Ohio St
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 234-7317
rjackson at library.in.gov
From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Ruth Frasur
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:14 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Oversight Board Elections

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
What an outstanding pool of nominees.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Tim Spindler <tjspindler at gmail.com<mailto:tjspindler at gmail.com>> wrote:
Here are a list of candidates.  The candidates are listed in alphabetical order along with their statements.  In the next few days, we will be sending out emails to all who registered to vote in the election.  I would like to thank all who were nominated and agreed to server on the Oversight Board.

Adam Bowling - Technical Director, Emerald Data Networks

Candidate Statement

As an active participant and administrator in the community for nearly ten years, I am thrilled at the continued development and implementation of Evergreen throughout the world. I wish to be a part of it for the next ten years and beyond.

Jason Boyer - MIS Supervisor, Indiana State Library

Candidate Statement
I have worked in libraries since 2000 and have worked at Evergreen libraries since 2008 when my library joined the newly formed Evergreen Indiana Consortium. Shortly thereafter I began submitting patches and have been a contributor since. In 2013 I took a position as the System Administrator for Evergreen Indiana. Working on both sides of ILS management has exposed me to a wide range of concerns from how to make the most of Evergreen features at a single library to how to scale a system up to serve over 115 library systems at over 160 physical locations. This has given me a significant interest in the ways that Evergreen performance can be enhanced while still adding new features.

Anna Goben - Evergreen Indiana Coordinator, Indiana State Library

Candidate Statement

I’ve been working with the Evergreen ILS since 2008.  At that time, I was working as a Reference Librarian and was chosen to serve as ILS Project Manager for my small public library when we joined the newly formed Evergreen Indiana consortium as a pilot member.  In 2013, I became the project director of the Evergreen Indiana consortium, responsible for training, recruitment and migration direction, event planning, committee coordination, and policy management for all 116 of our active and 5 migrating members.  I coordinated the Evergreen International Hack-A-Way in 2016 and 2017 and serve as a consortium representative to the MassLNC collaborative development group. Through my roles over the years, I have had the opportunity to become aware of the needs and experiences common to front line library staff of all levels as well as the administrative challenges of a consortium that play a significant role in developing, implementing, and utilizing Evergreen successfully in libraries today.

Debbie Lubenchill - Evergreen Coordinator, MOBIUS

Candidate Statement

I am a librarian and have been the Evergreen Coordinator at MOBIUS since August 2012, where I help administer our Evergreen hosting and managing services:  conducting trainings, creating documentation, answering help desk questions, assisting with system setup during migrations, and performing a variety of other administrative functions.  Being a part of the Evergreen community over the last five years has been a really important and fun aspect of my job - attending conferences, serving on several Conference Site Selection Committees, participating in the Documentation Interest Group, and helping to plan the 2018 conference.  I have also served on other Boards and leadership teams, both professionally and in my local community, and my strengths lie in helping people communicate and work together, problem solving, listening, leadership, and empathy. I am excited to offer my strengths and skills to the Evergreen community and look forward to serving you!

Meme Marlow - Director, Worch Memorial Public Library, Versailles, OH  (COOL)

Candidate Statement

I am Meme Marlow the director of Worch Memorial Public Library in Versailles, Ohio and a member of the Consortium of Ohio Libraries (COOL). I have been the director of the library for 8 years. It was during that time a group of library directors interested in open source ILSs got together to discuss options for making this a reality. In 2012 these libraries formed COOL using Evergreen.

Since joining in 2013, my main contributions to Evergreen have been helping establish the consortium through serving on the COOL board and assisting in the development of policies and procedures that will be attractive to other libraries seeking membership in a consortium. In addition, I am now serving as the president of the COOL board and am an active member of the Evergreen outreach committee.

Now that COOL is a healthy and thriving consortium, I am ready to get more involved with the larger Evergreen community. I am looking forward to the opportunity to serve and I think I can make a valuable contribution to Evergreen community through service on the Evergreen Oversight Board.

Jessica Woolford - Systems Manager, Bibliomation

Candidate Statement

I attended my first Evergreen conference in 2010. I was still in library school and just beginning my professional career at Bibliomation. It was my first professional conference, I was on a panel, and I was terrified! I soon learned I had nothing to fear. I have found the Evergreen community to be extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and friendly. It has contributed greatly to my professional development, as I have moved up to the role of Evergreen Systems Manager at Bibliomation. In my career, I have been able to see Evergreen from many angles, from the perspective of the supporting the end users, and now the "care and feeding" of the Evergreen system. I continuously look for ways to contribute to the community. I have presented at several Evergreen conferences and served as the Reports Interest Group convener. I am grateful for the opportunities the Evergreen community has given me, and I would be honored to serve the community in a new capacity.

--
Tim Spindler, Evergreen Oversight Board Chair
tjspindler at gmail.com<mailto:tjspindler at gmail.com>

P   Go Green - Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

--
Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township Library

Our Kickin' Website<http://hagerstownlibrary.org>,  Our Rockin' Facebook Page<http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>,  and The Nettle Creek Players<http://nettlecreekplayers.com>