[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EOB Slate of Candidates

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:04:50 EDT 2018

I am resending this becaus I mispelled Debbie Luchenbill's name.  It is
correct on the ballot.

Adam Bowling - Technical Director, Emerald Data Networks

Candidate Statement

As an active participant and administrator in the community for nearly ten
years, I am thrilled at the continued development and implementation of
Evergreen throughout the world. I wish to be a part of it for the next ten
years and beyond.

Jason Boyer - MIS Supervisor, Indiana State Library

Candidate Statement
I have worked in libraries since 2000 and have worked at Evergreen
libraries since 2008 when my library joined the newly formed Evergreen
Indiana Consortium. Shortly thereafter I began submitting patches and have
been a contributor since. In 2013 I took a position as the System
Administrator for Evergreen Indiana. Working on both sides of ILS
management has exposed me to a wide range of concerns from how to make the
most of Evergreen features at a single library to how to scale a system up
to serve over 115 library systems at over 160 physical locations. This has
given me a significant interest in the ways that Evergreen performance can
be enhanced while still adding new features.

Anna Goben - Evergreen Indiana Coordinator, Indiana State Library

Candidate Statement

I’ve been working with the Evergreen ILS since 2008.  At that time, I was
working as a Reference Librarian and was chosen to serve as ILS Project
Manager for my small public library when we joined the newly formed
Evergreen Indiana consortium as a pilot member.  In 2013, I became the
project director of the Evergreen Indiana consortium, responsible for
training, recruitment and migration direction, event planning, committee
coordination, and policy management for all 116 of our active and 5
migrating members.  I coordinated the Evergreen International Hack-A-Way in
2016 and 2017 and serve as a consortium representative to the MassLNC
collaborative development group. Through my roles over the years, I have
had the opportunity to become aware of the needs and experiences common to
front line library staff of all levels as well as the administrative
challenges of a consortium that play a significant role in developing,
implementing, and utilizing Evergreen successfully in libraries today.

Debbie Luchenbill - Evergreen Coordinator, MOBIUS

Candidate Statement

I am a librarian and have been the Evergreen Coordinator at MOBIUS since
August 2012, where I help administer our Evergreen hosting and managing
services:  conducting trainings, creating documentation, answering help
desk questions, assisting with system setup during migrations, and
performing a variety of other administrative functions.  Being a part of
the Evergreen community over the last five years has been a really
important and fun aspect of my job - attending conferences, serving on
several Conference Site Selection Committees, participating in the
Documentation Interest Group, and helping to plan the 2018 conference.  I
have also served on other Boards and leadership teams, both professionally
and in my local community, and my strengths lie in helping people
communicate and work together, problem solving, listening, leadership, and
empathy. I am excited to offer my strengths and skills to the Evergreen
community and look forward to serving you!

Meme Marlow - Director, Worch Memorial Public Library, Versailles, OH
 (COOL)

Candidate Statement

I am Meme Marlow the director of Worch Memorial Public Library in
Versailles, Ohio and a member of the Consortium of Ohio Libraries (COOL). I
have been the director of the library for 8 years. It was during that time
a group of library directors interested in open source ILSs got together to
discuss options for making this a reality. In 2012 these libraries formed
COOL using Evergreen.

Since joining in 2013, my main contributions to Evergreen have been helping
establish the consortium through serving on the COOL board and assisting in
the development of policies and procedures that will be attractive to other
libraries seeking membership in a consortium. In addition, I am now serving
as the president of the COOL board and am an active member of the Evergreen
outreach committee.

Now that COOL is a healthy and thriving consortium, I am ready to get more
involved with the larger Evergreen community. I am looking forward to the
opportunity to serve and I think I can make a valuable contribution to
Evergreen community through service on the Evergreen Oversight Board.

Jessica Woolford - Systems Manager, Bibliomation

Candidate Statement

I attended my first Evergreen conference in 2010. I was still in library
school and just beginning my professional career at Bibliomation. It was my
first professional conference, I was on a panel, and I was terrified! I
soon learned I had nothing to fear. I have found the Evergreen community to
be extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and friendly. It has contributed
greatly to my professional development, as I have moved up to the role of
Evergreen Systems Manager at Bibliomation. In my career, I have been able
to see Evergreen from many angles, from the perspective of the supporting
the end users, and now the "care and feeding" of the Evergreen system. I
continuously look for ways to contribute to the community. I have presented
at several Evergreen conferences and served as the Reports Interest Group
convener. I am grateful for the opportunities the Evergreen community has
given me, and I would be honored to serve the community in a new capacity.

--
Tim Spindler
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*