[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen libraries using/testing Syndetics Unbound?

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu Mar 29 11:57:45 EDT 2018

>> The Syndetics Classic content we subscribe to displays under the
"Summaries and more" tab. It's OK, but not as nice as the fancy Unbound
stuff. Although I do notice that we, although we are apparently paying for
it, do not have the Professional Reviews... I wonder if that is related to
the display issues Terran found. <<

Yes - if we implement Syndetics Classic the way they intend for it to be
implemented, it will appear in a popup like the one screen-capped here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHPL-hUcHSfBbk-vbDbb1i2rJNC9e27b/view?usp=sharing

Then, instead of Evergreen needing to go check for each possible type of
content and possible review and then screen-scrape or parse the content
out, it only checks to see if the main summary page is available and
displays that, and Syndetics takes care of the rest.

Alternatively, instead of a screencap, it could be displayed in an iframe
or something like that. I prefer the pop-up.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150