[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Weird error message

Jason Etheridge jason at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed May 2 16:32:18 EDT 2018

> How can we get around this?   What will fix it?  What do we have to do to
add more to this title??       Remove items so that it will work?

Depending on what you need to do, you could do some cataloging without
going through Holdings Maintenance.  For example, the Add Volumes link in
the Record Summary pane, or the Actions for this Record menu, or through
the Item Status interface, Actions for Catalogers menu.  The latter uses a
scanned/selected item as a reference point for determining which bib,
library, and call number to use for a given action.  If you're able to use
the web client, its equivalent to Holdings Maintenance should perform
better, though there is still functionality needed and/or in the works
there.

Also, the actual serials interface (which has been revamped in the web
client) may be better for handling serials type data than representing them
as normal items.

--
Jason Etheridge
Community and Migration Manager