[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Workstation Registration with Web staff Client.

Boyer, Jason A JBoyer at library.IN.gov
Thu May 17 13:39:45 EDT 2018

Chrome has a large number of group policy settings that can be set. Do you know if the AD admin might have changed any of them? There doesn't appear to be one specific to LocalStorage, so if they try to clear cookies somehow that will likely also wipe out LS and workstation registrations.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
http://library.in.gov/

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Lynn Floyd
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:47 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Workstation Registration with Web staff Client.

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
We are having an issue with MS AD Domain Windows 7 Computers not retaining their workstation registration.

We are thinking that this is because our staff use non Admin users.
Chrome is set to remember cookies, and not delete them upon closing.

We are looking at a way to have the computers to maintain the Workstation Registration, but not found a workaround.

We tried giving each computer a Chrome login, that did not work. Tried several different other paths. The Only one that truly worked is giving them Admin privileges, which would not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lynn Floyd
Lfloyd at andersonlibrary.org<mailto:Lfloyd at andersonlibrary.org>