[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cannot save authority record with a 155 field

Josh Stompro stomproj at exchange.larl.org
Wed Oct 31 09:22:55 EDT 2018

Linda, I wonder if this is a bug in the MARCslim2MADS.xslt?  The error message is

runtime error: file ./MARC21slim2MADS.xsl line 1404 element attribute
xsl:attribute: Cannot add attributes to an element if children have been already added to the element.

I agree that it looks like the problem is when the xslt is processing the 755 and trying to set the authority source.

I think the bug may be that when processing the 755 tag on line 1081, the genre template is called before the setAuthority template.  The Genre template adds child elements, then the setAuthority tries to set attributes, which is where the error pops up.

If I swap lines 1084 and 1085 then the error goes away and both the genre(155) and related genre(755) show up in the transformed xml.

I think the way to report this to the MADS project is via the MODS listserv, as listed on http://www.loc.gov/standards/mads/

I don’t have enough experience with these technologies to be all that confident that this is the issue though.  I would be happy to report this to the MODS listserv if it seems to make sense to someone that is more familiar with mods/mads/xml/authorities.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director