[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Google Books Preview in 3.1.4 not showing up

Linda Jansova skolkova at chello.cz
Sun Sep 2 23:41:48 EDT 2018

Hi,

accidentally, we have discovered the following pattern:

When one uses a link to the bib record which comes from the search
results page, the preview does not show up, e.g.:

https://spok.jabok.cuni.cz/eg/opac/record/29456?query=krizov%C3%A1%20intervence%20%C5%A1patenkov%C3%A1;qtype=keyword;locg=1;detail_record_view=0

However, when permalink (without all those search parameters) is used,
the preview does show up:

https://spok.jabok.cuni.cz/eg/opac/record/29456?locg=1

I have been trying to verify whether it also occurs in other Evergreen
installations. It seems that demo servers
(https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=community_servers) do not
have the previews switched on.

So I tried a couple of live systems and have found out that Laurentian
probably uses at least 3.1.0 because one can see search terms being
highlighted. The Google Books previews rewrite has been introduced in
3.0 (http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/3.0/_public_catalog_2.html), so if
Laurentian also uses it (and it is, indeed, the case) it would also use
the rewritten code for the previews.

It follows the same pattern like the one we have discovered in our
system, e.g.:

https://laurentian.concat.ca/eg/opac/record/3138661?locg=105 - the
preview shows up

https://laurentian.concat.ca/eg/opac/record/911755?query=boudica;qtype=keyword;locg=105;detail_record_view=1
- the preview fails to show up

Is there anybody else using Google Books previews? Could you help
confirm if it also looks like described above? If so, I would report it
as a bug...

Thank you!

Linda