[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RFID feedback

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Feb 7 16:38:58 EST 2019

On Thu, 2019-02-07 at 13:24 -0700, Beth Longwell wrote:
> Fellow Evergreen libraries,
>
> We have a library in our consortium that is looking at implementing RFID
> technology. If any of you are currently using RFID with Evergreen I would
> love to hear about your experiences.  We are on version 3.1 currently.

We did it in 2014/15 with ISO 28560-2 tags using some in house software.
But we are probably the only library running all workstations on Linux
though, and while the software was written with an eye toward an
eventual port, no idea how to replace xdotool to allow the rfidwedge
program to raise Evergreen's window and push keystrokes at it.

If anyone wants to have a look at it, a copy is at
https://library.beau.org/~jmorris/rfidwedge/