[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] deleting lost and missing items

Goben, Anna AGoben at library.IN.gov
Wed Feb 13 14:20:34 EST 2019

We’ve automated the deletion at 5 years in Indiana, but libraries may manually delete them according to local policy at any time up until then.

I’ll note that we also put Discard/Weed, In Process, and On Order in that automated process since materials hanging out in those statuses unchanged after 5 years are usually housekeeping remainders/long gone/never materialized.

Anna Goben
Evergreen Indiana Coordinator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
317-234-6624
Fax: 317-232-3713

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Diane Disbro
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:15 PM
To: ME list serv <Evergreen at lists.mobiusconsortium.org>; Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] deleting lost and missing items

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Good morning -

How long do you keep lost and missing items in your catalog before deleting them?

Thank you.
Diane Disbro
Branch Manager/Circulation Coordinator
Union Branch
Scenic Regional Library
308 Hawthorne Drive
Union, MO     63084
(636) 583-3224
ddisbro at scenicregional.org<mailto:ddisbro at scenicregional.org>
Currently reading: Born To Be Posthumous: The Eccentric Life and Mysterious Genius of Edward Gorey by Mark Dery