[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Anyone willing to answer some general questions about Evergreen ILS?

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Feb 18 09:53:57 EST 2019

Hi Nita,

If it's relevant to your assignment, I have a hair to split: Evergreen is
not in itself a vendor -- it is a software project.  There are vendors who
provide support, development, migration, etc. for Evergreen libraries but
there is no one single Evergreen vendor in the same way there are for
proprietary products like Polaris (III) or Symphony (SirsiDynix), etc.

A current list of Evergreen service providers is here:
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_companies

Additionally there are groups which -- while not vendors in the traditional
sense -- serve in a vendor capacity for their respective consortia, such as
the Georgia Public Library Service does for Georgia PINES.

That said, I work for one of the Evergreen service providers and I will
answer questions from that perspective if you need information.

Andrea

--
Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*