[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Angular staff catalog dev update / demo server

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:53:26 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I just wanted to give an update on the staff catalog work that started back
in 3.2.

As of 3.3, it's possible to enable the "experimental" catalog in the
browser client via library setting.  When enabled, a new menu option will
appear in the Cataloging menu called "Staff Catalog (Experimental)".  While
the catalog is not ready for prime time, it's come a long way between 3.2
and 3.3, and I think it's a good time for some brave users to kick the
tires and let us know how things are looking.

Note it's also possible to access the staff catalog without enabling the
menu option by navigating to https://example.org/eg2/staff/catalog

To make testing and review a little bit easier I have also set up a demo
server at https://evgdemo.kcls.org/eg/staff  It contains the Concerto data
set and users can log in with admin / demo123  (please be nice).

My hope is to keep this server running the latest catalog patches for
review at least for the next few months.  It is currently running Evergreen
master plus the following patches:

I have updated the staff catalog wiki page to include the above patches.

https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:browser_staff:angular_staff_catalog

Any feedback here, Launchpad, etc. appreciated.

Thanks,

-b