[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Testing Staff client on new staging server, can't login - websockets error

Jesse McCarty jessem at burlingtonwa.gov
Wed May 1 14:31:22 EDT 2019

HI All,

I am preparing to migrate our Evergreen install (3.2.5) to a new Server (Ubuntu 16.04) and have everything up and running but am having trouble with the websockets to test the web staff client before moving the current database over. The new server is configured like the production server with websocketsd and nginx to proxy everything and has the database imported from the production server's backup. I can search catalog, login to account, just cannot get into the staff client. I get the following error in the web console using Firefox:

[cid:image001.png at 01D50010.84B37D90]

As another test, I created a test server (complete clone of the production server, with configuration files and IP changes for internal testing) and was able to run the staff client just fine. I can see that the websocket is running on the new server. Not sure if/what I missed in setup or not, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jesse McCarty
City of Burlington
Information Systems Technician