[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Summary of 'Future of Evergreen' Strategizing Session

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 15 18:15:00 EDT 2019

I've transcribed all of the brainstorming notes/ideas from the 'Future of
Evergreen' strategizing session at the 2019 Evergreen International
Conference. Some of the high-priority / highly emphasized topics were:

   - OPAC: Usability & aesthetics
   - OPAC: Configuration dashboard
   - OPAC: Accessibility
   - Acquisitions: Less confusing end of fiscal year
   - Cataloging: Authority improvements
   - Cataloging: More complete dropdown help boxes
   - Reports: Ability to share report templates (import/export)
   - Reports: User-friendliness
   - Reports: Dashboard for basic statistics
   - Reports: Allow reports to be edited without creating a new version
   - Reports: Improve MARC data retrieval/parsing
   - Staff Client: Add functionality to patron buckets
   - Staff Client: Accessibility

The complete transcriptions are at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aZCJPLE3rUoahJ3ZmFNIF_UtPaI-i1Eo9FcZ-jn9gSA/edit?usp=sharing

*Please keep these ideas / areas of improvement in mind when developing
features or considering where to spend development funds. *

Thank you to everyone who participated! (And if you added your name to one
of the email sign-ups, I'm working on getting those updated next!)

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

1800 Century Place NE Suite 580 l Atlanta, GA 30345

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at help.georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.