[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Setting the currency in the patron billing interface

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Mon May 20 15:06:09 EDT 2019

Hi,

The Czech Evergreen community hopes that during the summer we will be
possible to move our libraries to the web client using Evergreen version
3.3. Therefore, we are currently working on testing and removing potential
localization problems.

Currently, we are dealing with currency setting in the web staff client
patron billing interface.

There was no currency symbol used in the patron billing interface in the
XUL staff client.  This has changed with the new web client:  There is the
"$" symbol  shown in the patron billing interface for each payment amount.
However, we use the Czech currency, and the dollar symbol shown in the
interface is quite confusing and does not provide an easy survey of the
money summary to staff. Even greater complication is that the dollar symbol
is also used on patron payment receipts (see the attachments). We need the
currency symbol to be changed (or at least removed).

>From the receipt template (Open-ILS/src/templates/staff/share/
print_templates/t_bills_current.tt2), as well as from the billing interface,
it is obvious, that a specific currency (particularly USD) is automatically
inserted into the receipt or into the billing interface. E.g. "Total owed:
{{xact.summary.total_owed | currency}}" is interpreted as something like "Total
owed: $1.50". However, unfortunately It is not clear to us, where the USD
currency comes from.

We suppose there should be probably a similar setting for the currency as
it is for the date + time format (which is possible to set in the Library
settings editor and which occurs in the receipt template as {{xact.
xact_start | date:$root.egDateAndTimeFormat}} )???

Does anyone please have an idea how to set the currency value? (The fact
that we can't use our own currency is a real web staff blocker for us )

Thanks for any hint
Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410
Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2