[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Call for Release Manager nominations - Evergreen 3.5

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:35:26 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I would also like to be considered for the role of 3.5 co-RM.  If elected,
this will be my 4th term as RM.  I'm excited about the move to a co-RM
arrangement and I believe I have the experience to offer guidance to my
co-RM.  I also believe this will give us an opportunity to better document
the RM procedures, including the moonlight rituals and secret rune parties.

High level interests for me include all things Angular, specifically
continuing development of the Angular staff catalog and continuing the
migration from Dojo/legacy interfaces to Angular.

Other items on my radar include Angular self-checkout, XUL purging, Angular
MARC editor, OPAC/Bootstrap project (1778972), and more!

I would continue the tradition of a developer feedback fest to keep code
branches moving toward community acceptance and merging.

And finally, I'd like to further explore the idea of creating developer
zones of expertise (working groups, cabals, ...? :) based on knowledge of a
features, work flows, parts of the code stack, etc.  My hope is having
developers feel more ownership to certain parts of the software will
encourage more participation in the patch review and merging process.
Thanks to Galen for mentioning this at the hackaway.

Thanks for the opportunity,

-b

Bill Erickson