[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library setting: GUI: Hide these fields within the Item Attribute Editor.

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Wed Aug 19 20:29:23 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'm intrigued by this library setting. It would be useful to set this up
for our libraries to hide fields we don't use instead of counting on
library staff to remember to uncheck the fields in the Volume Copy Editor
on the Defaults tab, workstation by workstation.

We had an incident where a staff member didn't hide/disable the Deposit
Amount field and accidentally put the price of the item in that field
instead of in the price field, then was weirded out by an error message
that popped up when trying to circulate the item. If I could get the
library setting to work, we'd avoid situations like this.

The instructions for this setting say " This setting may be best maintained
with the dedicated configuration interface within the Item Attribute
Editor. However, here it shows up as comma separated list of field
identifiers to hide. "

The documentation Chapter 14 Settings Overview says, " Sets which fields in
the Item Attribute Editor to hide in the staff client." and adds " This is
useful to hide attributes that are not used.
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/reorg/3.1/staff_client_admin/_settings_overview.html

Where I'm lost is the text of the field identifiers to enter. I've tried
column names from asset.copy, but have had no luck.

Also, can I set this consortium wide, or do I need to set it library by
library?

I appreciate any guidance.

Mary

--