[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library setting: GUI: Hide these fields within the Item Attribute Editor.

Floyd, Angelia Lynn LFloyd1 at library.IN.gov
Thu Aug 20 09:49:06 EDT 2020

The setting in the Library Setting are from the XUL client and do not transfer to the Web Client.  In the Web Client you can set those up using the Holdings Template Editor.

-----------------------------
Lynn Floyd
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
317-232-3290
lfloyd1 at library.in.gov<mailto:lfloyd1 at library.in.gov>

From: Open-ils-general <open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org> On Behalf Of Mary Llewellyn
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:29 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library setting: GUI: Hide these fields within the Item Attribute Editor.

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi,

I'm intrigued by this library setting. It would be useful to set this up for our libraries to hide fields we don't use instead of counting on library staff to remember to uncheck the fields in the Volume Copy Editor on the Defaults tab, workstation by workstation.

We had an incident where a staff member didn't hide/disable the Deposit Amount field and accidentally put the price of the item in that field instead of in the price field, then was weirded out by an error message that popped up when trying to circulate the item. If I could get the library setting to work, we'd avoid situations like this.

The instructions for this setting say " This setting may be best maintained with the dedicated configuration interface within the Item Attribute Editor. However, here it shows up as comma separated list of field identifiers to hide. "

The documentation Chapter 14 Settings Overview says, " Sets which fields in the Item Attribute Editor to hide in the staff client." and adds " This is useful to hide attributes that are not used.  http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/reorg/3.1/staff_client_admin/_settings_overview.html

Where I'm lost is the text of the field identifiers to enter. I've tried column names from asset.copy, but have had no luck.

Also, can I set this consortium wide, or do I need to set it library by library?

I appreciate any guidance.

Mary

--
Mary Llewellyn